When you roll out a computer with Autopilot, sometimes it does not get the correct time zone. You can fix this by configuring it with Intune. In this blog, I’ll show you how to do this.
The first thing you need to configure the time zone is which time zone you want to use. To configure the time zone, we need the time zone ID. There are several ways to find out the ID. For example, on a properly configured computer, you can query the time zone ID through PowerShell by running the command below:
This shows you the currently configured time zone and also the ID.
This is the ID you need to configure the time zone with Intune. Alternatively, you can retrieve just the time zone id by using the command below:
If you don’t know which time zone to use, you can also get a list of all available time zones ids and UTC time/location. You can then choose the right one.
Configure Time Zone
Now that we have the time zone ID, we need to configure it in Intune. Presently, the time zone can be easily configured through the settings catalog. It’s also possible to configure the time zone with a custom configuration profile. Let’s start with the settings catalog.
1. Go to devices -> Configuration profiles and select “+ Create profile”.
2. Select platform “Windows 10 and later” and profile type “Settings catalog“.
3. Enter a name for the profile for example “Configure Timezone” and press “Next”.
4. In the Configuration settings screen press “Add settings” (1). In the Settings picker search for “time zone” (2) and check the “Configure Time Zone” box (3). Close the Settings picker (4) to continue.
5. Configure the Time Zone by entering the Time Zone ID from the previous step. In this example I will use the id for West Europe (UTC+1). Press “Next” to continue.
W. Europe Standard Time
6. Configure the scope tags you want to use and press “Next” to continue.
7. Assign the policy to a group and press “Next” to continue.
8. Review the settings and press “Create” to finish the configuration.
1. Select platform “Windows 10 and later” and profile type “Templates“. Select Template name “Custom” and press “Create”
2. Enter a name for the profile for example “Configure Custom Timezone” and press “Next”.
3. In the “configuration settings” screen select “Add” (1). Enter the “OMA-URI Settings” (2) and press “Save” to save the new row.
|Name||Custom Time Zone|
|Description||Configure Custom Time Zone|
|Value||<Time Zone ID>|
4. Now that the configuration has been added press “Next” to continue.
5. Assign the custom profile to a group and press “Next” to continue.
6. Add Applicability Rules if needed and press “Next” to continue.
7. Review the settings and press “Create” to finish the configuration.